Hello everyone .
I am 26 years old currently as asylum seekr in Germany .My boyfriend is Romanian EU living in Germany since 6 years he has a full time job with unlimited contract  .We sent all the require documents in Stadensamt and we are waiting for our termin to get married . So my question is what to do after we got the marriage certificate , where should I go ?  Does marriage grant me an Aufhenthalt ? Am I out from asyl as soon as I get married ? Please any help is Welcome I can also speak and read german properly so you can answer me in both languages .
Many Thanks A.
asked Oct 30, 2019 in Legal advice by | 984 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

–1 vote
Best answer
By marriage you will get aufenthalt. It's a legal claim . Yes you will be a normal residence. You go to the local ABH with the marriage certificate to apply for aufenthalt.
answered Oct 30, 2019 by helios
Can you kindly assist with information. l am getting married to a Swedish man. l am a refugee and still waiting for my answer from BAMF for 1 year now.
I have few questions.
•1•After we register how soon can we marry? Can we marry after a week from registration?
•2• After the marriage licence how long will it take to have the residency permit?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,694 questions
5,603 answers
138,304 users