I wanted to apply for the citizenship in Berlin and I contacted the bürgeramt for that, but they gave me a very late appointment.

so I went to see a lawyer hoping that it can be faster.

he told me I don't need to worry about the appointment and he will contact them and get me one soon.

after less than a week, he actually sent me an email that I have an appointment in like two days, but unfortunately I wasn't in Berlin, and I could not make for the appointment, even if I could, I would have to be in quarantine so basically we missed the appointment.

then they sent us a new appointment but it is very late one, so the lawyer suggested that it would be possible to send the application via post.

I did sent him the application and then like a week later he sent me an email that the application was sent.

after three months I heard nothing back from the lawyer, so I asked what's going on, he said we need to wait a bit longer.

after almost five months and me asking almost every two weeks, he sent a fax to the bürgeramt asking about my application.

they told the lawyer that they-the bürgeramt- have no application for me. and that very disappointing and felt the lawyer was scam.

so I went to meet the lawyer, and he told me that the application was sent and he got a confirmation that it was delivered, but I did n't ask him to show me the confirmation that the bürgeramt sent to confirm they got my application.

is it ok to ask the lawyer to send me the prove that the bürgeramt received my application?

and in case they can't prove it, can I ask the lawyer to refund me and send me my application so I still have a chance to go the bürgeramt on the appointment they gave next month.

I am very confused and I feel I don't believe the lawyer anymore.

any help would be really appreciated.

many thanks
asked Dec 15, 2021 in Legal advice by Nash

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Nash

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear what happened to you and I am afraid, that I also don't really have an idea how to solve this issue in the first place. However, I can recommend you to contact a migration counselling office to get support in your case. Maybe they can also help you with contacting the lawyer or even file a complaint. 

Please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions and let us know if you need support in finding a respective office close-by.

All the best, Meike

answered Dec 16, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,263 questions
5,080 answers
136,928 users