Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

Hello sir/madam

my name is juma and i come from kenya,i need your advice on how to stay in germany legally with my wife.

i was living in sweden as an asylum seeker for 5 years then i came to germany when my residence permit had expired but on a transit return visa to sweden.the reason for my transit was that i had a flight from switzerland to senegal which was cancelled on that same day and i couldn't return to sweden that same day but decided to stay at my wife's place in germany where she's a resident and due to covid-19 regulations by then, we had to quarantine for 10 days and its during those 10 days that i decided to stay here in germany. we made an appointment at the stadt and applied for family reunion but it was rejected and  i was given a dudldug later after some time but i was also threatened with deportation back to my country before i got the Duldung. the stadt stayed with my passport,marriage certifite and the letter from our landlord to register me on the same adress as my wife.During this whole period I was still waiting on the decision to extend my asylum in sweden but yesterday I received a notification that my asylum extension had been rejected in sweden as well. i just got a new Duldung here in germany for another 6 months .the auslanderamt rejected my application for family reunion and i made an appeal that was also rejected,ther argument is that i came in germany illegally without case was then forwaded to the Regierungspräsidium freiburg .i dont know what to expect but i need help on how to get a residence permit and work permit.i am confused on what to do next because i fear deportation back to my country where my life is not safe and i don't want to go back to the sweden because i've already started a new life here for almost 9 months now.

please advice me 

asked Oct 18 in Legal advice by juma

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @juma

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

Your situation seems to be indeed complicated and I am afraid that it is hardly possible to give you a profound advice without knowing your individual conditions very well. Questions like, is your wife German or what type of residence does she hold? Is she working and can she cover your both' costs of living? etc. will be important, too. 

I will link here two of our experts as well. Dear @mbeon-fardeen or @mbeon-Ruth, is there any information you can share or anything you can recommend? 

From my point of view, I would highly recommend you to get in contact with a refugee/migration counselling office to get individual help and to discuss your situation in more detail. Please let us know if you need support in finding a respective office close to your place of stay. 

All the best, Meike

answered Oct 25 by Meike
3,970 questions
4,736 answers
136,357 users