Hallo, Please assist on behalf of a friend. My friend is an asylum seeker and doesnt have dublin. She was married here in Germany but later divorce the husband before she got her documents. Is there a way for her to bring her son to Germany?. Her son is 8years old and is in Africa with the grandma. The grandma is saying she is tired of taking care of the child. Any suggestions on what documents required/ procedure to take. Thank you
asked Jul 1, 2021 in Asylum proceedings by kathy | 280 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @kathy

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us again. 

Whether your friend is able to apply for family reunification is dependent on the type of residence permit she holds. 

As long as the asylum procedure is still pending, people are unfortunately not able to reunite with their family members residing abroad. The same applies for people whose asylum application got rejected. In case the BAMF is deciding positively on an asylum claim (or the court after an appeal) and the immigration office issued a residence permit, requirements for family reunification vary according to the type of residence permit (asylum, refugee recognition, subsidiary protection or national deportation ban?). 

I highly recommend to contact a migration counselling office for support as soon as the BAMF decided on the asylum application. If recognised as refugee, there might be deadlines to meet in order to be granted privileged conditions for the reunification. 

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you want to discuss the requirements in more detail - in that case it will be helpful to know the paragraph according to which the residence permit was issued. 

I hope this helps and all the best for you and your friend, 


answered Jul 4, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,776 questions
5,712 answers
138,556 users