Hi, am Rita from Togo living in Germany. I have a child with a German man and the child had one year German Child Passport and I was also given 1 year aufenthaltstitserlaubnis 25 abs 5. I want to kwon why I was given Aufenthaltserlaubnis 25 instead 28. Thanks
asked Oct 11, 2021 in Legal advice by Rita manu

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear Rita manu,

I hope you have seen our answers in the second thread you opened here.

If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back to us.

All the best,


answered Nov 3, 2021 by Meike
0 votes
You can apply to switch to 28 and is 100% possible .I had the same type of residence but I told the foreign office I want to switch to 28 and they agreed .
answered Nov 3, 2021 by Tony1111

Dear @Tony1111

Thank you for your contribution! I am happy to hear that you did not face any problems regarding the residence permit according to section 28. However, unfortunately people in similar situations may face potential issues as well. Please see the link I gave in my answer above for further information. 

Looking forward to hear from you again. 



4,258 questions
5,071 answers
136,913 users