1 view
Hello Admin, please I want know which Paragraph is better.

Between paragraph 28b and 25b . I have a German child in which i can have option for 28b .

And I still have option for paragraph 25b because I live with my kid in the same house 4 years with Duldung.

Best regards
asked Jan 22 in Legal advice by Felix15 | 1 view

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Felix15,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question.

One advantage of the residence permit according to section 28 (there is no 28b) is, that you can apply for a permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) already after three years of holding a temporary residence permit. For more information and a full list of the requirements see, for instance, this website (exemplary for Berlin residents).

If you are holding a residence permit according to section 25b, you can apply for the permanent settlement after holding the temporary residence permit since minimum 5 years.

I hope this helpful and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 28 by Meike
Thanks for your answer
I really appreciate..
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,695 questions
5,610 answers
138,308 users