i am in Germany since 2013 as arefugees  and 2015 Bamf just give me negative und decide to appeal my case but the court never answer me until i decided to cancel my asylum seeker August 2021but after
i did that  The Ausländerbehörde just call me and give me Resident permit 25b abs 1.s.1 and its valid until August 2023. my  question is  can i apply for Niederlassungserlaubnis ?  iam in Germany since 2013 , i was holding Aufentaltgestattung till they give Resident permit  but i started to work since 2017 . i have B2 Deutschsprsche. unbefristet Vertrag bei der Arbeit.
 Do i qualify  for (Niederlassungserlaubnis) ?
asked Oct 9, 2021 in Legal advice by Mwiki02 | 1,229 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Mwiki02,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

First of all, I think it is a very big step and a positive development that the immigration office issued a residence permit according to section 25b of the German Residence Act after you found yourself in a limbo for several years. This is something you can build on. The "Niederlassungserlaubnis" (permanent residence permit), however, requires that people hold a temporary residence permit for at least 5 years. I found a very nice overview which depicts the steps well.

For a full list of the requirements for the Niederlassungserlaubnis you may also follow this link, for instance (here exemplary for Berlin residents).

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Oct 12, 2021 by Meike

Please did you cancel your asyl with the court before your Landratsamt gave you the permits?  I have been in Germany since 2015 and I also have Aufentaltgestattung with unlimited working permits and two kids, do I also qualify for my residence permits please? Because I heard that once you have been living in Germany for 6 years and with kids, you are entitled to residence permits if you can afford 3 years working payment slips and A2 course as minimum 

0 votes
I am  living in Germany since 2015 and working full time with unlimited Arbeitsvertrag and I worked full time for 5 years with out interruptions . I have B1 German certificate and Leben in Deutschland certificate.From February 2020 I am holding Beschäftigung Duldung for 30 months and I applied for residence permit holding Beschäftigung Duldung for 18 months and my residency permit was denied . They told me I have to wait till 30 months time finished.Is there any possibility I can apply earlier then 30th months of holding Beschäftigung Duldung  for residency? Thanks in advance
answered Oct 20, 2021 by Sam Sam
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,291 answers
139,299 users