If I want to apply Permanent residence but I receive wohngeld because of the Kids and am doing Ausbildung can it be denied?
Will they say my lively hood is not secure as am still doing Ausbildung or there is an exception?
asked Jan 18, 2022 in Legal advice by Poji1234 | 528 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Poji1234

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

The question of the secured livelihood (when applying for the permanent residence/"Niederlassungserlaubnis") and receiving "Wohngeld" is a bit more complicated. When calculating your income and the minimum amount you need to cover your and your family's costs of living, you can not include the "Wohngeld" as income source. If the summation of your income without "Wohngeld" is higher than the money you would receive from the jobcenter (unemployment money 2),the application for the permanent residence permit ("Niederlassungserlaubnis") may granted nevertheless. As the mentioned calculation is not very easy and money factors are to be considered, you may ask a counselling office for support. 

Dear @mbeon-fardeen or @mbeon-Christine, were my explanations correct and/or do you want to add anything? 

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Jan 22, 2022 by Meike
I receive only 100 Euros but I cover over 90 percent of my expenses
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,198 questions
6,176 answers
139,179 users