Hi Wefugees,

I overstayed my visa in the Netherlands and due to stress and other reasons, I got sick for more than a year. I couldn't get medical help in the Netherlands but I was told I could get it in Germany.  

So I managed to travel to Germany with a valid passport but of course with an expired Visa.
So I got medical help and recovered very well.

To cut the story short, I met a German man and currently have a child with him.
I applied for a recidence permit with the help of an immigration adviser.

I recently got a  letter from the Auslanderamt that my permit 28 Abs.1s cannot be granted me now until 2025 because I entered Germany without a Visa and also stayed a while before reporting at the auslanderamt.

However, I will be granted permit 25 Abs .5 until my expulsion interest is expired in 2025, then I can be granted 28 Abs.1 .

I am allowed to appeal but would I be granted permit 28 Abs. 1 if I explain that I came to Germany for medical help?

Or It's better to agree to their procedure and accept permit 25 Abs .5

And can I work and travel with 25 Abs. 5?

Thank you in advance
asked Jan 9, 2023 in Legal advice by Phiona | 865 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Phiona,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I think in the meantime we answered a part of your question (esp. about travelling with a residence permit according to section 25 (5)) already this comment section, right? And yes! You are allowed to work!

I am not a lawyer, but the procedure of the immigration office in your case sounds not bad to me. I am not sure whether an appeal based on the argument of coming from the Netherlands to Germany because of medical needs will help here.

Do you agree dear @mbeon-fardeen?

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 27, 2023 by Meike

@Phiona , what year did you came to Germany? What will expired on 2025? Your illegal crime ? I mean u came to Germany without a visa.. after 3 years then the illegal coming is over maybe that is why they gave you paragraph 25.. that mean i will win against this people in court because I was told to go back and come back with family visa and i have lived in germany for more than 5 years before they use it against me ... I am referring to paragraph 78 STGB, which state that any other crime that is more than 3 years can't be use against someone again.. this illegal coming is part of it maybe that is why they tell u to wait till 2025 .. what year did u came to Germany?

Hello, Yes my question about travelling has been answered. Thank You.
And i am glad that i can work with it, thanks.

My Lawyer said the same thing about the Appeal so i would have to accept their procedure.
I came to Germany year 2020. Interest for deportation will expire in 2025.
@Phiona u didn't notify the ausländerbehörde on time when u came germany that means u are not up to 3 years here .. that is why they judge u for coming illegal without a visa ... though u are lucky that they grant u paragraph 25, in most cases they don't grant , rather u will go back home and come with a visa.. by 2025 , lets say it will be more than 3 years according to 78 STGB... then they can grant u paragraph 28... if its so, i will win against ausländerbehörde in court in regard to going back and coming with a visa because i have lived already 4 to 5 years before they came up with going and coming back with a visa ...
Yes you are right. I wish you all the best in court.
@Phiona thank u
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,255 questions
6,245 answers
139,247 users