Hello wefugees Team,
I am currently holding a resident permit according to paragraph 25 5.
If the information is correct that the time limit in the new law for well integrated adults will be reduced from 8 to 6 years.
As a resident permit holder in accordance with paragraph 25 5, am I also  eligible to apply for a resident permit according to 25b? Apart from the 8 years I fulfill all the requirements for this resident permit because I have been living in Germany for almost 7 years now without interruptions.
 Or the opportunity is only for Duldung holders.?
Furthermore you can please say something about the family reunification chance in this newly agreed law.

Thank you in advance.
asked Dec 29, 2022 in Information & Offers by Great Man | 919 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear @Great Man,

Yes, the information is correct about the time being reduced to 6 years. It is not just for Duldung holders, as a person with 25,5 you can also receive this permit.

For people with the permit 25b Absatz 1, family reunification for their husband/wife and minor children is possible. Here is more information (via an online translation) about family reunification with this permit (it first talks about 25b Abs. 6 and 25b Abs. 4 but then there is information about 25b Abs. 1 which you would be entitled to):


I hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.



answered Jan 16, 2023 by mbeon-Éanna
0 votes
Hi, please I am being offered paragraph 25.5 and would like to ask if you are able to work , travel to your homeland and anywhere within Europe with it.
Also want to know if you are being given your passport in addition to the paragraph 25.5?
answered Jan 20, 2023 by Phiona
Hi Phiona,
Yes of course employment is allowed even self employment is allowed.
With this resident permit you are free to travel all over the world, but to be honest with you I haven't yet travel with it to my home country.
It was issued to me together with the grey passport for one year, but later I brought my country passport .
Thanks for the information. I am grateful.

I agree with Great Man - we also discussed the traveling question in this thread (https://***.wefugees.de/807749/travelling-with-residence-25-5-in-europe-or-abroad?show=807749#q807749) before. You may want to follow the link for more information. 

All the best, 


Very helpful.  Thank you
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,328 questions
6,332 answers
139,336 users