Good day.
I refuge in Germany since 2016 with my family and I have Duldung since 2019 and i was working before because of CoronaVirus i was stop for work 2020. My problem is that am asking the Ausländerbehörde for permit to work in my Duldung and then asking me to bring my passport for my country first, i don't no what to do. Can someone to me what to do please.
asked Jul 21, 2021 in Legal advice by Davin john | 1,023 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear Scoboyi john,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

It is a normal procedure that the immigration office is asking Duldung holders to clarify their identity/submit their passports. In case people are not cooperating with the immigration office, they even might get issued a so-called "Duldung light" according to section 60b of the German Residence Act. I would recommend you to contact a migration counselling office first to discuss your individual situation and potential risks for you and your family. Unfortunately, it is hardly possible to give general advice on your next steps without knowing your circumstances and your background.

Please let us know if you need support in finding a respective counselling organisation in your area.

All the best,

answered Jul 25, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users