Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Someone betrayed me by giving my passport which has an expired Schengen Visa to the police to arrest and send me back home.. I was arrested and the police told me to live in the country in 7 days time .. but I didn't go because I was having a German Girlfriend and she was pregnant for me.. now I will like to sign the Custody and paternity in order for me to have a residence permit here ..I will like to know if it will be difficult to get a permit because of my recent situation
asked May 19 in Legal advice by Micky

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Micky,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

As father of a German child, you might be able to obtain a residence permit according to section 28 of the German Residence Act. We discussed a very similar question on this platform before. You may want to follow this link for more information.

As you mentioned already, declaring the fatherhood (Vaterschaftsanerkennung) and the shared custody (Sorgerechtserklärung) will be essential steps. However, as you are currently staying illegaly in Germany, the procedure can get quite difficult. The authorities (mainly the "Jugendamt" in this matter) may report you to the immigration office/police as soon as you approach them. Contacting a notary for the declaration could display an alternative. Please see also this thread for more details on this topic.

I would highly recommend you to get in contact with a lawyer who can support you.. Would you agree and/or is there anything you like to add dear @manrhei-mbeon or @mbeon-fardeen?

In any case, please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered May 30 by Meike
Thank you for the response..please may I have your email address so I contact you often about my situation.. if possibly you can guide me through the process ... thank you
3,705 questions
4,452 answers
135,797 users