I am german and my girl friend from Ghana. Now she is pregnant but not from me. What can I do that she travel to me and stay with me in Germany
asked Apr 12, 2021 in Legal advice by Albert | 467 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Albert

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question. 

If you want to apply for a visa based on your relationship, you either need to be married or prove that you plan a marriage in Germany. Unfortunately, there are no visa categories for unmarried couples. Whether there are other opportunities for her to migrate to Germany is difficult to say without knowing her background. Does she have a formal/higher education? Is she maybe even trained in a field in which German employers are constantly struggling to find staff? 

Regarding the child: I am not familiar with laws and regulations in Ghana. However, I assume that the child‘s father may need to approve the process at least. 

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Apr 16, 2021 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,292 questions
6,289 answers
139,284 users