Hello, I have come to Germany new and I have got one year permit card ,I want to ask if I get married now can I bring my wife to Germany and how is the process and how much time it takes . Thank you
asked Feb 25, 2023 in Legal advice by rustam | 458 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @rustam

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us. 

Whether your spouse can receive a family reunification visa highly depends (as well as the conditions) on your status/the type of residence permit you are holding. 

If you have the subsidiary protection status, for instance, it would not be possible for her to receive the visa since you are getting married after you immigrated. 

For recognized refugees some privileges apply, but usually you need to be able to secure the livelihood for you both (being independent from social money) as well as having a sufficient accommodation for you both (among other requirements). 

Then, your partner needs a respective appointment at the German embassy in her country and apply for a family reunification visa. 

We could provide more tailored information knowing your situation a bit more in detail - especially your residence permit. 

So please don’t hesitate to get back to us if you want to discuss your case more or if you have any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered Feb 26, 2023 by Meike
Hello again and thank you for your help
I got one year permit card and in my ID cards type of permit is written (aufenthaltserlaubnis )
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,326 questions
6,321 answers
139,330 users