Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
i got a letter from immigration that my ausbuildung duildung have been granted now do i need a passport to take the permision becos they said i should bring my passport for the apportment  so please i want to know .and is the permission put in passport ,thanks for i need an answer please
asked Feb 4 in Education by john1244

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @john1244,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

First of all, it is completely normal that the immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) is asking for the passport - it is even a necessary requirement to submit it. Please see also the answer in the follwing thread regarding this matter. As far as I know and as the "Ausbildungsduldung" is still a Duldung (toleration) and not a residence permit, they don't print the document into your passport. The respective documents I have seen so far looked similar to the "normal" Duldung (a multi-sided green paper). However, this is only what I observed.

I hope this helps and do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Feb 5 by Meike
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,126 users