Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Sep 8, 2020 in Legal advice by Morsall
@Morsall, bro it won't affect it.. Just keep taking care of your child and try to see your child always.. That's all.. Anything you buy for your child, always keep the receipt as prove in future in case the lady wanna lie to authority that you don't take care of your son. If you have an apartment, you and your ex can discuss how your son will be spending weekend with you, twice a month... Pay that Unterhalt money for your child if you are working.. With this, your ex can't take back your right to your child... But bro which state do you live in Germany?
Thanks for your answer and I really appreciate it, I am staying in Dusseldorf and I wanna move out to Köln now!! Is there any negatif consequences once I move out from the address and register myself in Köln? Do I need to let know immigration?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Morsall,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank your for reaching out to us.

To give you a more tailored answer some more details would have been useful. Which type of residence permit do you have at the moment? If you are holding a residence permit according to §28 of the German Residene Law and you are not married, the seperation from your child's mother will most probably not have an impact as long as you are really taking care of the child. In that case, the §28 residence is related to your German child (which will stay your child in that sense), not to the mother/your partner.

If you are holding a humanitarian residence permit (i.e. according to §25 of the German Residence Act), your residence permit is anyway independent.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you want to clarify or discuss your case further.

All the best,


answered Sep 11, 2020 by Meike
3,781 questions
4,521 answers
135,939 users