Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hallo @Wefugees, my name is Sheku and am living in Munich. I am a refugee having an Aufenthaltgestattung, I had a son last year 2018 and the mother is having a permission to stay before the baby was born. I and the mother have applied to BAMF for the baby to granted cause one of the parent is having a permission to stay. In my own case I signed the Vaterschaft and Sorgerechts, my lawyer have applied for the baby to be granted the same status as his mother is having.. please I would like to know what I have to do so that me and my baby can be granted.
asked Sep 9, 2019 in Legal advice by SYK

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @SYK

Thank you for sharing your situation with the Wefugee Community! 

As far as I can see, you can try to apply for a "Aufenthaltserlaubnis zur Personensorge" as soon as your child has a residence permit. I think you did already good, that you organized the "Vaterschaftsanerkennung" (acknowledge of paternity) and the "Sorgerechtserklärung" (child custody). This will be essential for the application. However, the whole process will be very difficult and there is no guarantee for a success. As you already hired a lawyer, you should ask him/her to advise you in this also (i.e. about your chances in the still pending asylum procedure). At the end, I assume that it would be the best if you receive an independent protection status. 

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any further questions! 

All the best, Meike

answered Sep 13, 2019 by Meike
2,768 questions
3,409 answers
133,008 users