I am studying my M.Sc in Italy. Basically I came from non-EU countries( Africa). I am not able to extend my stay permite in Italy now, because of several reasons(my stay permit expired on 31.12.2019). But my girl friend, German Citizen, get pregnante and we are expecting our new Princess the comming week. I am here in Germany since November 2019. I do have Vaterschafts, which explicitly mention my share to takecare of my baby.So I glad if someone told me the way how can I apply for residence permit and which Documents should I Provide them to facilitate the process.
asked Jun 9, 2020 in Legal advice by Chappy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Chappy,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and congratulations on your new family member :-)

As father of a German child you may want to apply for a residence permit according to section 28 of the German Residence Act.

Please see this thread for a detailed explanation on the application process including a list of required documents.

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best for you and your family,


answered Jun 19, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,363 questions
5,223 answers
137,301 users