i move to germany with my wife in fabraury 2015.we were toghather since 2010 and got merried in 2012 in Cyprus, we lived togather in Cyprus 5 years and 21moths in germany.in December 2016 my wife left from germany and i apply for divorce. Auslandbehorde send me latter that i lost the right of resident becuse my wife she is not here in germany. my lawyer make appeal in court but this appeal is still pending, as my 5 yaers  resident card is expired Auslandbehorde issued me six months beschningung.since 2015 i am working full time job and i have permanent contract with company. My question is that how i cant get independent resident card by eu law or german law it will great if someone can help me

Best Regards,   Hussain Sajid
asked Aug 3, 2020 in Work by safi05 | 293 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @safi05,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us.

It is not easy to give a tailored answer on a quite complex issue without knowing too many details. However, we discussed the topic of independent residence permits for Ex-spouses of EU-citizens before on this platform. Please see, for instance, this thread for more information. Since you already hired a lawyer, it is always the best option to address your specific questions to him/her also. He/she will know your individual situation better.

In any case, please also don't hesitate to get back to us if you want to discuss your situation more.

All the best,


answered Aug 7, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,916 questions
5,881 answers
138,828 users