Hello ,

I have completed 5 years in Germany and I have 2 months left for my resident permit

I have full time work contract I wanted to know as a family member of union citizen do I need B1 in order to apply for permanent residency??

Kind regards
asked Aug 3, 2022 in Legal advice by Parthi dharan | 352 views
Dear @mbeon-Ruth, @mbeon-Christine, @mbeon-SandraB and @mbeon-Éanna, could you have a **** at this question and maybe help with an advice? Thank you and best wishes, Saskia.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Parthi dharan, 

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to again.

I’m not an expert on the EU-law/freedom of movement but according to this official website of the Berlin authorities (exemplary), no language skills need to be presented when applying for the permanent settlement. Please follow the link for a full list of the requirements.

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Aug 3, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,339 users