My girlfriend is Italian but she lives and work in germany. I am a none eu citizen with just a visitor's Visa which allows me just 90 days with her. I am currently in Germany visiting her but we want to find out if it is possible for me to secure a residence permit so we can work and support each other while we plan for our marriage. It is becoming tiring and too costly moving up and down every time. What are the the legal processes involved please. We need help.
asked Dec 20, 2018 in Work by Gids | 1,257 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gids

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for reaching out to us! 

There have been a lot of questions on the platform already that discuss obtaining a residence permit. Depending on your situation (if you want to work or study in Germany, if your the parent of a German child, etc.) there are different requirements and documents you will need to collect in order to apply. 

Here is a Berlin Service website with all the necessary information in English (you can select what kind of residence permit you wish to apply for on the right): https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/324661/en/ 

Please feel free to reach out to us again if you have any more questions! 

Best regards, 


answered Dec 21, 2018 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,010 questions
5,975 answers
138,968 users