Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
asked Jul 19 in Legal advice by Jot80004

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Dear Jot80004,

Thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

As a husband of an EU citizen, you can apply for a stay under the "Freizügigkeitsgesetz".

Third-country nationals who are covered by these rules usually require a corresponding visa before entering Germany for the first time. Once you have arrived in Germany, you must be able to prove your right of residence with a residence card, which you can get from the immigration office that is responsible for your place of residence.

I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You’ll find me in the mbeon-app under my location Mannheim and then my name Frau Schünemann and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For Further information please visit
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor


answered Jul 20 by manrhei-mbeon
I am already in Germany , I was in asyl in last September I leave Germany , and goes to Portugal and my wife was there and we got married and then I came back now I’m Germany without visa ,My wife is 7 months pregnant , she has unbefristet Arbeitsvertrag she is getting now mutterschutz Geld von aok und Arbeitsgeberin, I have only now Indian passport and my marriage certificate , what should I do now ? please help me
0 votes
Hello jot80004,

As I explained in the last answer, a visa must be applied  before you are entering Germany. When you have the visa for family reunion you can go to the foreign office to apply for the resident permit. I have some questions:

1. Is the marriage recognized in Germany?

2. Was the asylum procedure in Germany completed?

3. What kind of residence permit do you have in Portugal?

Best regards

answered Jul 22 by manrhei-mbeon
3,165 questions
3,943 answers
134,568 users