Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Am a current student at the University in Germany fachhochschule precisely please i want to fine out if I can change my status from student to family reunion visa am married to a German citizen since match in Denmark I have a current student residence permit my studies will get finished 7 semester am currently on the 5 semester I just want to ask if am allow to apply for family reunion visa or I will be asked to go back to my country and apply for the family reunion visa please if need a help
asked Sep 15, 2018 in Legal advice by Enih ako

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+2 votes
Your Status is currently Legal and you study in Germany so all you need to go to Auslanderbehorde with your partner and apply for Aufenthaltserlaubnis ( Residence permit) or It'd other name Aufenthaltitel. You will get it in 2 to 3 months depends on Auslanderbehorde

answered Sep 15, 2018 by Kevinreed00131
+2 votes
Hi since you have a German student aufenthaltstitel you can try applying for the Aufenthaltserlaubnis at the auslander behorde in your City. But keep in mind they might ask you to go back to your country of origin and apply for the National Visa there. Its not unusual for the auslanderamt to take such decisions. But it depends on the auslanderamt .
Good luck and best regards
answered Sep 15, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
3,490 questions
4,241 answers
135,211 users