I am a citizen of Russia, I have a residence permit in Ukraine.  I work officially in Russia, I constantly traveled to Ukraine, the last time was in early February, then I left for Russia and was supposed to return to Ukraine on February 25, but I could no longer because of the start of a military special operation.  My wife and daughter are citizens of Ukraine, in mid-March they left Ukraine for Germany, they received permission to stay in Germany, I received a new passport because there was no place for a visa in the old one, I received an Italian tourist multi visa for 45 days and now I met  with his wife and daughter in Germany.  I want to know how can I get a residence permit in Germany in my case?
asked May 11, 2022 in Legal advice by Ivan | 388 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes

Dear @Ivan

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for your question. 

As family member of Ukrainian citizens who resided in Ukraine before the 24th of February 2022, you can also apply for the "temporary protection"/German residence permit according to section 24 of the German Residence Act. For more details, please see this official website by the German government proving information in Ukrainian as well. 

I hope this helps and don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. 

All the best, 


answered May 13, 2022 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,332 questions
6,335 answers
139,347 users