I'm a programmer (but I learned programming myself and I don't have a college degree) and I worked for a company as a programmer.  But after I became Duldung, they give my job allow.  I wanted to ask, as a programmer who specializes in work, will they give me a residence permit after submitting my passport?
asked Jun 25, 2020 in Legal advice by Roga

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Roga,

Welcome to the Wefugees Community and thank you for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately, having a job as a Duldung holder is not leading automatically to a resident permit. 

Maybe a so-called „Ausbildungsduldung“ or a „Beschäftigungsduldung“ (you might also want to check this thread) are potential perspectives for you?

In general, the longer you work, pay social insurance etc, the better will be your chances to eventually get a residence permit. 

We discussed the conditions already a couple of times on this platform. You may want to follow the links for further information.

In any case, please get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jun 26, 2020 by Meike
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,540 questions
5,442 answers
137,886 users