Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany

I have Duldung and my son next month will be one year and I was wondering if I can get my staying paper another thing me and my gf is about to beak up does it affect my situation for getting my staying paper or to see my son again
asked Jan 16 in Legal advice by Muhammad khalid
retagged Jan 17 by Muhammad khalid

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear Muhammad khalid,

Welcome back to the Wefugees Community and thank you for sharing your question.

Talking about the impact a seperation of you as parents potentially has on the relationship and access to your child, this is usually highly dependent on the individual situation. In case you and the child's mother can not find an agreement which is satisfying and good for everyone involved, lawyers on both sides may eventually need bo be cunsulted.

We discussed the topic of applying for a residence permit as father of a child holding a residence permit (or is your child German?) already a few times on this platform. You may want to see this thread, for instance, for more details.

In any case, you will need to be officially registered as father of the child and better also share the custody respectively. 

Please don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions.

All the best,


answered Jan 22 by Meike
3,847 questions
4,615 answers
136,126 users