We are living together. Me and my woman but she said has not trust me to give me custody sorgaret. She want to give me only father serve. To go and apply for a permit of stay. Plz make enquire for me
asked Dec 17, 2018 in Legal advice by Lamin7746 | 1,274 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Lamin7746,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

By the way - there is also a comment option on our platform, so that your answer appears on the same thread!

Here is the link to the first thread you started: https://***.wefugees.de/802975/with-only-father-serve-have-chance-to-get-permit-stay-germany

Have you had a **** at the sources I looked up for you already? Especially the other thread that had been answered on Wefugees provides a good answer similar to your question. The full answer:

"As a father of an underage child who does not have the German citizenship, you can try to apply for a residence permit, but you´re not entitled to get it granted. The decision on your application is at the discretion of the immigration office.

The residence permit is usually granted only if the family unity between you, your child and his mother can only be conducted in Germany. It must be unreasonable for your child and his mother to follow you to your homeland. According to the Federal Administrative Court, the fact that a family member, in this case, your child and his mother, has a residence or settlement permit, doesn´t preclude a joint departure and doesn´t justify a ban on deportation.

So if you want to apply for a residence permit in this situation, you will need to mandate a lawyer to submit the application for you."

As I mentioned before, it might be best in your case to consult a lawyer and discuss your options if you can get a residence permit, or have a **** at the pro bono legal advice services in your area to receive some help. 

All the best,


answered Dec 17, 2018 by Isa
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,292 questions
6,289 answers
139,284 users