Hello there once again.
I will like to know if it's possible for me to reapply for social benefits.
I haven't received any financial help from Social for almost two years now, but due to the Covid-19 crisis my company and my myself signed Kurzarbeit agreement.
The problem is that I don't receive the required amount of money that's set by the German government for every individual living in Germany.
If I'm not mistaking that amount is somewhere in between €830- €900.
And currently I received €725 based on the Kurzarbeit agreement I have signed on to with my company.

Thank you in advance.
asked Apr 29, 2020 in Money by Great Man | 1,002 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes


thank you for reaching out to the Wefugees community.

heere are some informations about social benefits:

The amount of unemployment benefit 2  (Arbeitslosengeld 2) depends on your life situation. 
If you live alone it is 432 €. In addition, you will receive the basic rent and the secondary (bills heating, water etc.) except household electricity. 
The Jobcenter pays for one person for 45 square meters. The amount of the rent may not exceed a certain amount, in our town is it about 347 € for the basic rent.
There is a decision by the federal government to increase short-time work benefits.(Kurzarbeitergeld). 
Please ask the employment agency whether this applies to you
I hope my answers were helpful and I would be very happy if you would contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to help you over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online advice for migrants via the mbeon app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it from App Store or Google Play Store. You can find me in the mbeon app and get confidential individual advice in a secure virtual space without other people reading our conversation. Further information: ***.mbeon.de.
Best regards,
your mbeon advisor 
answered Apr 30, 2020 by manrhei-mbeon
0 votes

Hello again @MB,

and thank you for sharing your question with our community.

If you will receive social benefits or not depends on several factors, above all neediness and the number of persons in your flat. Neediness means, that there is a basic rate of need for every person in your household, which varies depending on the age of the children (the range is from 250,- € for smaller children up to 432,- € for a grown-up, in this case you). Additionally, your rent will be considered, and your income including child allowance, parental allowance, and so on. For instance, if you are alone and your rent is 600,- €, your rate of need is 1032,-,€ but your income only 752,-.€ In this case you will receive unemployment benefit II. My example is somehow simplified, the calculation is more complex in detail, especially, when you are not alone.

If you wish to calculate your entitlement, you can use  a calculation tool like ALG II-Rechner: https://harald-thome.de/download/.

If you have children, you can additionally apply for an emergency child allowance (Notfall-Kinderzuschlag), which amounts up to 185,- € for each child per month.

Alternatively, if you don't want money from Jobcenter, you can apply for housing allowance. Housing allowances have become limited to those who do not receive other forms of income transfers. The calculation is rather complex, too. If you want to check whether you are eligible for housing allowance, you can use a calculating programme like the following: https://***.wohngeld.org/wohngeldrechner.html.

And, last but not least, your reduced hours compensation will rise by 10 % after 4 months and 20 % after seven months.

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit ***.mbeon.de.

Best regards,


answered Apr 30, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,259 questions
6,259 answers
139,249 users