My friend is having his 2nd Interview on 15 May and is not able to pay the lawyer fees. He has no job at the moment.

Is there any possibility to finance the lawyer through Sozialamt or sth. ?

He lives in Münster, NRW and has a lawyer at the moment but she is asking for money in order to go with him to the court.

Thanks in advance.
asked Apr 26, 2020 in Asylum proceedings by Abdulwkl

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello @Abdulwki,

thank you for sharing your question with the Wefugees community.

Most lawyers accept instalment payments, e.g 50,- € monthly until the procedure is finished, so your friend could ask his lawyer for an instalment contract. But it is important that he pays at least a small advance, otherwise his lawyer might refuse to do anything.

He could also seek free consultation in North Rhine-Westphalia. A list of organisations who offer help can be found here: https://www.frnrw.de/fileadmin/frnrw/media/downloads/netzheft/Netzheft_2020.pdf.

I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a consultant with mbeon and I‘ll be glad to guide you over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my name „München, Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit www.mbeon.de.

Best regards,

mbeon Christine

answered Apr 27, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
0 votes
Don't spend your money for lawyers,  go there alone. The lawyer's in Germany are not really winning any cases about Asylum.  The lawyer and the Government are all working together.  You can take a translator if you don't understand German and that wouldn't cost you so much
answered May 1, 2020 by Gago
4,255 questions
5,069 answers
136,907 users