Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a lawyer in Hessen state only who speak English and who specialize in family reunion visa, asylum and residence law. Because I need to consult if it is good for me if I seek asylum being on a student visa. I would be grateful if anyone knows any good lawyer and i dont think it matters if the lawyer is german or foreigner. looking forward.

asked Nov 18, 2019 in Legal advice by Jeddy

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi @Jeddy,

I would recommend you to check out the lawyers listed on this site under "Hessen":

Especially the second ones sound really good for your case since the law firm is specialized on family matters as well.

If this doesn´t help you, another possibility is to contact the so called refugee council (Flüchtlingsrat) in Hessen and ask them for a recommendation for a good english speaking lawyer close to you. But keep in mind that they probably get a lot of e-mails or calls, so if they don´t answer quickly you can also go see a free counselling centre/office (or try it first with an email) - they can maybe give you a first impression on your legal situation as well and can for sure recommend you a good lawyer close to you. You can find one of these counselling centres/offices via this website:

I hope this helps and please don´t hesitate reaching out to the Wefugees Community if you have further questions!

All the best


answered Nov 19, 2019 by InfoVerbund
thank you very much for these websites and recommendations .
4,043 questions
4,811 answers
136,523 users