I have Duldung. I need to get ausbildung at DRK, Diakonie, AWO etc. I have experience in hotel management services and revenue. I need to clarify how to get it done and language requirements.
asked Jan 27, 2020 in Legal advice by Kaiser

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Kaiser,

thanks for reaching out at wefugees.

To start with the formal requirements: You need a contract from the organisation which offered you an apprenticeship and take it to the immigration authority together with your application for a visa called "Allgemeine Ausbildungsduldung" (§ 60c Abs. 1 Satz 1 Nr. 2 Aufenthaltsgesetz). To obtain this document, your identity has to be clarified (via passport). Of course, you shouldn't have fines (or at least fines above 50/90 daily rates).

Second, the language requirements: You need at least a B1-level to start the training, depending on the profession you want to learn even more (B2 for nurses). You won't be able to pass the theoretical parts of exams if your German isn't good enough, Some organisations/schools even require a B2-certificate. You will find this Information on the homepages of some of the schools. It is also recommendable to submit certificates of your educational background, e.g. nurses as a rule need a intermediate school-leaving qualification, hotel managers can start with a basic secondary school certificate.

For hotel management there is no formal regulation of language requirements, but you have to be extremely communicative and create a convincing first impression when you get the job interview.

Please feel free to contact me again. My name is Christine and I would be happy to answer your further questions. In case you need a confidential consultation you can also write me at mbeon, which provides advice for adult immigrants in Germany via an app. Download the app at Google Play or  App Store and get in touch with me or 160 other migration advisors. It's free of charge, anonymous, data secure and you can get advice in 15 different languages. Find more information here: www.mbeon.de.

Best regards


answered Jan 27, 2020 by mbeon-Christine
Hallo Christine, thanks so much for the answer, I have gotten my national passport and also a ausbildung vertrag mit vermerk, as required by the foreign office in Darmstadt Hessen....
I would want to know how long it takes to get the permit for the ausbildungduldung?
Also what do you mean when you said, you shouldn't  have fines 50/90 daily rate ?
Hello again @Kaiser, it could take up to 8 weeks until you receive your permission. About the fines: If you had breached the law f.e. by fare evasion on several occasions and were sentenced to equivalent of 50 or 90 days (days according to the type of offence - in prison or as a fine), you can't receive an "Ausbildungsduldung". Which is hopefully not the case. Please feel free to contact me again if you have further questions. Best regards mbeon-Christine
Thanks so much, for your answer.
Please does it mean that it can be granted earlier before 8weeks ?
Hello again,
you're right, some immigration authorities work faster, but it depends on the workload of your person responsible. I don't have any empirical values for Darmstadt, but I hope they are not as busy as the clerks in the big towns like Berlin or Munich, f.e.
I hope my answers were useful for you and I'll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the MBEON-staff  and I'll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. Mbeon is an online consultancy for migrants via  the mbeon-app, which you can install on your smartphone for free. Download it via App Store or Google Play Store. You'll find me In the mbeon-App and get confidention one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room, where nobody can wiretap messages. More informationen: www.mbeon.de.
Best regards
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,429 questions
5,297 answers
137,521 users