Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Is it possible for a NONE EU to obtain a work permit after having a child with EU CITIZEN who have been living and working in Germany for months now?
asked Feb 24, 2019 in Work by Gids

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Gids,

Thank you for reaching out to Wefugees again.

Has anything about your situation changed since we talked last time? As I've outlined on your previous thread - I have a child with a residence permit holder - Can I get a residence permit? - certain conditions apply to getting a residence permit based on having a child in Germany. Have you already applied for or been granted a residence permit?

Depending on your legal status, you will receive a working permit. Read more about it on the following threads: 

Work permit for asylum seekers

I have Duldung - how can I get back my Arbeitserlaubnis (work permit)?

Or have a look at this general explanation on How to get a work permit in Germany

The Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) usually decides whether or not you are allowed to work/ have access to the labor market. If you are unsure about what you need to do or where to go, you can also reach out to a refugee council or refugee law clinic in your area for more support! Here is a list:

I hope this helps a bit. Let us know if you have any more questions or need further assistance.

All the best,


answered Feb 25, 2019 by Isa
3,970 questions
4,736 answers
136,357 users