Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear Adviser

  Please i have a case in court concerning my residence permit i have 2kids and the mother is a German and am qualify to have a residence permit Para 28 But till now the Auslanderbehorde keep ignoring me without any reasons my first son is 4years now my lawyer took the case to court and for 6months now we have not heard any thing from Administrative court in Koln..

it is possible that a court can delay for that long whiles i have evidence and custody and vaterschaft?

And i need answer how long it takes how many months?

Pls i need answer and can my lawyer WRITE second letter to find out why it taken long Thanks ?

asked Feb 4 in Legal advice by christianowusu
Hellos sir,
I'm an active member in this community I also have a Duldung which I have received it today! For having a Child with my German gf.
and I would like to ask you that, did you have a Duldung before applying for a residence permit 28 abs ?
Since I have a Duldung I want to apply for the 28 abs paragraph residence permit as Gorman child ! Any recommendations or advices!

I wish all the best to you regarding your case and hope you and your family doing great!
Best regards

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @christianowusu

Thank you for reaching out to us again. 

Last time we spoke, I advised you to seek legal help or discuss the case further with your lawyer, as it's impossible to know all the details of your case here and I lack the legal expertise. 

Looking at other cases from our platform, delays within asylum proceedings, court cases and the like seem to be quite usual, because there are lots of cases to solve, which of course doesn't make waiting for an answer any easier. 

If you are unsure whether your lawyer is doing the right thing and what options you have to get an answer quicker, you can also seek legal advice from a refugee council in your area or a legal aid service for refugees. Have you reached out to any yet? 

Here is a list of pro bono legal aid services: 

And here are the contact details of the refugee law clinic Cologne: 

Feel free to reach out to Wefugees again if you have any more questions and please try to contact one of the listed services. I hope they can provide you with more answers on your case. 

All the best, 


answered Feb 14 by Isa
okay thanks for the information.
2,394 questions
2,864 answers
123,584 users