Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for sharing your question with us.
Once you arrive at Frankfurt airport, you will have to establish contact with the "Bundespolizei" (the police) and tell them that you would like to apply for asylum. They will then escort you to a camp inside the transit area. You'll have to wait there for the decision on your case. You have to receive the decision within two days. However, under certain circumstances, it can take as long as 19 days until you can enter Germany.
To be eligible for family asylum, you have to be:
- "spouses and registered partners,
- minor, unmarried children,
- the parents of minor, unmarried persons for the purpose of care and custody,
- other adults who have personal custody of minor, unmarried persons,
- the minor, unmarried siblings of minors."
Please have a look at this website from BAMF for further information on claiming asylum at an airport:
And at this thread from our platform:
In the International transit zone in Frankfurt airport - who should I ask for help to start my asylum application?
I hope this information helps. Feel free to contact us again if you need any further assistance!
All the best,