Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I am asylum seeker in Italy . I am waiting for asylum interview . I have "permisso Di seggiour" from Italy . I am graduate in commerce . I want to study in university. Can I do study at university in Italy ? Or any other European as country as an asylum seeker in Italy . Thanks
asked Dec 17, 2018 in Education by adam18

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Dear @adam18:

thank you for sharing your question.

I did a quick search and found 2 projects in Italy, which have been promoted to integrate the asylum seekers in the university world:

1. The project "Unibo for refugees" is promoted by the University of Bologna and the Municipality of Bologna. At the international desk, they can examine your school certificates and academic qualifications. Students have also the possibility of enrolling for single learning activities and Italian courses with exemption from fees. You can find more information here: You can find their contact address on the this page.

2. The second project is promoted by Politecnico di Torino. Their project operates on two areas of action: the first is dedicated to students waiting for recognition of their refugee status (asylum seekers); the second is aimed at supporting students, who already have got valid permits (refugees), in their enrolment in University and the following procedures. You can find more information here:

As asylum seeker in Italy you are not allowed to study in another country in Europe.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Best Regards, 


answered Dec 18, 2018 by BildungsberaterIn
3,187 questions
3,954 answers
134,613 users