Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Am an asylum seeker living in Italy! My wife is an Italian citizen! We got married here in Italy. Registered civil marriage here in Italy with a marriage certificate to prove that! My wife live and work in Germany! And my wife have registered our marriage in Germany as well. (Meldebescheinigung) my wife is a European union citizen! I want to join my wife in Germany! Do I need to apply for a visa to come to Germany to join her? As she is a European citizen living and working in Germany!! I only have a Nigerian passport at the moment without visa!! Thanks as I await your response!!
asked Nov 1, 2018 in Legal advice by Princeton

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi @princeton yes you need to apply for a family reunion visa at the Italian embassy in Rome. You just have to take with you your Passport, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate and also a prove of Address that you live there in Italy and also the Passport or National Identity Card of Your Spouse. But before then you have to Book an appointment online first before going to the Embassy Good luck and best regards Nelly
answered Nov 2, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
edited Nov 2, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
Thanks for your response @ Nelly overcome! But I dont think I need to do all that as my wife is a European citizen and according to the European citizen free movement rights is my right as a spouse of an European union citizen to join his wife without meeting any other requirements! My wife German immigration lawyer says I dont need a Visa with a written note signed to prove that!!
Hi @princeton i didn't read your message carefully sorry for that. yes he's right. I taught your Wife is a German Citizen. As a spouse of a European union Citizen living in Germany You can come to Germany and apply for the Residence Permits here in Germany. But the question is how can you come to Germany if you don't have a Visa or an Italian Residence permits. If you should have italian Residence Permits (Permesso soggiorno) then it would have been easier. Except you want to enter Germany illegally( illegal border Crossing) i will link the question to @Nilab she knows alot about immigration Good luck and best regards Nelly
Thanks Nelly!
3,621 questions
4,347 answers
135,532 users