Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Dear wefugee team! Please there's something bothering me which I believed I can get the actual answer from here. Please I have a family of four , my wife and I  and our two children living in Italy under the protection of political asylum and with refugees certificate and also having 5 years Italian political asylum ( document) in Italy . But the problem is we would like to move to Germany  and my question is , will the authority of German allow us and take care of us as political asylum? Thanks
asked Sep 18, 2018 in Legal advice by Denny28

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer
Hi @denny28 It won't be possible for you guy's to move to Germany since you and your family are already recognized as a Refugee in Italy. The best option for you is to wait in Italy and take the Italian Permanent Residence permits. in Italian it's called(Permesso di Soggiorno CE per soggiornanti di lungo period, or simply Carta di Sorggiorno) then you can move to Germany freely. And you will Also be allowed to work in Germany asvPermanent Residence Permit holder in an EU Member State. You can apply for the Italian Permanent Residence Permits after 5years of legal Residence in Italy. Which means starting from the Date in which you where granted Refugee status. the previous stays before your refugee status was granted isn't included in this 5 years. Keep in mind that if you come to Germany with an Italian Asylum Residence permits and Refugee travel document without having the Permanent Residence Permits You are likely to be sent back to Italy. Good luck and best regards Nelly
answered Sep 18, 2018 by Nelly Overcomer
selected Sep 18, 2018 by Denny28
3,887 questions
4,648 answers
136,196 users