Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I would like to ask for my friend who applied as asylum in England and he is waiting for decision to his application. My question is
1.can he marry in register office as he has to apply for marriage licence from home office ?
2. is he count as residence during this time waiting for decision to his asylum  application ?
Thank you
asked Oct 23, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by sherif

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Dear @Sherif

thank you for sharing your friends situation with us. 

As for the questions, I found out the following: 

For nationals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and subject to immigration control: 

  • give notice
  • get married or form a civil partnership

Your friends and his partner must give at least 28 days’ notice at a designated register office if both the following apply to either of you:

For further information please follow the link:

I hope I could help, if there are more clearifiaction needed, please do not hesitate to use the community. 

Best regards, 


answered Oct 24, 2018 by Nilab
3,713 questions
4,462 answers
135,809 users