I am a recognized refugee in germany. I have reached B2.2 level in german language and I m having DSH test very soon in order to do my Master program in a university in Germany. Is there any means in which I can apply to live and work in Canada before or after completion of my Study?
asked Sep 16, 2018 in Home & Living by Jar | 1,005 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

+1 vote

Dear @Jar

I am really sorry for the extended delay, but I was on sick leave, therefore could not get back to you timely. 

Congratulation for the success you have already gained. 

I did some research in order to be able to migrate to Canada, the best way would be if when you finish your studies in Germany. 

The best way would be to apply for a working visa- here there are in general two types: 

1. open work permit: 

"An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer:

You can only get an open work permit in specific situations."


2. Employer specific permit: 

"An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

  • the name of the employer you can work for,
  • how long you can work, and
  • the location where you can work (if applicable).
These are the general requirements: 

"No matter where you apply, you must:

  • prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
  • show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home,
  • obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate),
  • not be a danger to Canada’s security,
  • be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
  • not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,
  • not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
  • give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.

Global Skills Strategy applicants: You can only benefit from two-week application processing if you apply from outside of Canada."

There is one other general way to migrate to Canada: 

The Resettlement program for refugees: 

However in order to eligible you would have to have no other option of safe habour and protected place to live- this does not apply to Germany.

Further, when you do your Studies in Germany, there are ways to get a Scholarship for studying one or more terms in Canada: 

For that I would suggest once you have entered university to contact the international office in order to obtain information on the courses offered for such a program.

Once you know which university you are going to study at you can contact us and I will be happy to assist further with open questons. 

Best regards, 


answered Oct 2, 2018 by Nilab
0 votes
Dear @Jar, welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your question with us. I will get back to you soon with an answer. Best regards, Nilab
answered Sep 17, 2018 by Nilab
Waiting time for answering my request has been more than two weeks. Do I have to wait longer?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,134 questions
6,110 answers
139,113 users