asked Aug 10, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Sherwin15

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Sherwin15

Welcome to the Wefugees community and thank you for your question.

Yes, you can apply for asylum if you are residing here with a student visa. Your family can do so as well, but only if they are in Germany (it's not possible to apply from outside, e.g. in an embassy). If they are still in your home country, you can let them come to Germany through family reunification after you've been officially acknowledged.

Best regards,


answered Aug 10, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,263 questions
5,080 answers
136,927 users