Can a foreign Citizen who hold a Residence Permits in an Eu Country Visit a different European Country multiple times ( 3, 4 or 5 times) within one year without breaking the Eu immigration law. If he or she always Returns home before the 3 months which EU residence permits holders are allowed to stay in other EU countries
asked Aug 26, 2018 in Legal advice by Nelly Overcomer | 429 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes

Hello Nelly,

Nice to hear from you again.

You have to keep in mind that you are allowed to travel to another EU-country for a maximum of 90 days within a period of 6 months. It doesn't matter how many times you traveled there, but the total amount mustn't be higher than 90 days.

As an example: You are not allowed to travel there for 89 days, return to the EU-country that issued your residence permit for a couple of days, and then travel to the same country again for another 89 days. In this case you would only be allowed to travel there for 1 more day.

If you've been there for a total amount of 90 days already, you have to wait till the 6 months period is over. Afterwards you are allowed to stay there for a maximum of 90 days again.

Best regards,

answered Aug 27, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,929 questions
5,903 answers
138,858 users