asked Aug 7, 2018 in Legal advice by jenxs1 | 396 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @jenxs1

As an asylum seeker you are generally not allowed to travel outside the country where your process is taking place. If you do so, your asylum procedure in Italy will end automatically because you are not taking part in the procedure and because the UK issued you a visa. Therefore you are not in need of protection by the Italian state anymore.

You can wait to receive a residence permit by Italy and then apply for a work visa to enter the UK. Another option would be to withdraw your asylum application and apply for a visa in a British agency abroad directly.

You can find information about work visa provided by the British government following this link:


Best regards,


answered Aug 7, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,772 questions
5,701 answers
138,537 users