I am a Maltese citizen wishing to marry an Iraqi who arrived here 16 years ago and was granted temporary asylum.  He had no documentation with him and was separated from his wife when he landed here and lost touch with his whole family.  We are finding ourselves unable to marry as the local courts are not granting him divorce up to now.  As he holds only a residence permit, renewable every year, could we marry in some muslim country and then register our marriage here ?

Many thanks
closed with the note: Questions are getting closed after a year of no interaction.
asked Jul 9, 2018 in Legal advice by Dorielle
I had better clarify that he was separated from his wife and lost touch with his family BEFORE arriving in Malta.
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,542 questions
5,443 answers
137,912 users