First of all I want to thank you all for arranging such a nice platform to help the people with information and knowledge.

-I am residing in Germany for about 5 years with duldung. I have a wife in Bangladesh. If I bring her here in Germany with tourist visa, can she live here more than 90 days, and can she get residence permit coming with tourist visa and live with me?

-Or how can I keep her with me legally as she's coming with tourist visa validated for only 90 days? Can we get get recognized as husband and wife officially here in Germany? Please help me with your legal advice.

-- I know that after years I can get residence permit if I fulfill the required fields. After passing every fields, how much time does it take to get the German passport after staying here 8 years with duldung?

-Is it still a lengthy and rigorous process to get the German passport after staying 8 years with duldung here?

Thanks. :)
asked Jun 20, 2018 in Legal advice by Sab | 1,139 views
Hello @Sab - Nice to hear from you again. I will link @WKZB1 - He will take a **** at your question next Wednesday. Best regards, Thorgen

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+2 votes

Dear @Sab,

If your wife  comes with a tourist visa to Germany, she has to leave Germany before her visa expires. Because you only have a Duldung, there isn´t possible for her to get a residence permit for family reunion granted to live with you in Germany.

It´s not possible for you to be naturalized, as long as you just own the Duldung. To be able to get the German citizenship, you need to have a residence permit first. There is a possibility for you as holder of a Duldung to receive a residence permit in accordance to § 25b Aufenthaltsgesetz (Residence Act) granted. if you:

 - have stayed at least eight years without interruption in Germany with Duldung, Aufenthaltsgestattung or residence permit (six years of stay for families with minors);

- cover the living expenses predominantly (at least 51%) by yourself (exceptions when in professional training, studying etc.);

 - own German language skills A2;

- have not deceived about your identity and origin;

- possess a passport or are able to demonstrate you cannot get one.

After receiving the residence permit § 25b Aufenthaltsgesetz, you have to wait for eight nore years to be able to apply for the German citizenship.

Best regards


answered Jul 4, 2018 by WKZB1
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,133 questions
6,114 answers
139,113 users