Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
I have b1 deutsch certificate.Is that enough to get german citizenship after 7 years .I work and holding 3 years residency.I came here in 2016 .I really don’t know how em gonna do with this and when should i apply.Hope for the answers.

Guys if anyone know please share your experiences
asked Jul 3 in Legal advice by Ronns
And i have b1 deutch certificate from a local school

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello @Ronns,

thank you for reaching out the Wefugees community and for sharing your question with us.

In order to be naturalised after only seven years (instead of the regular eigth years) you have to meet the following conditions:

  • unrestricted right of residence at the time of becoming naturalised or an EU Blue Card or a time-limited residence permit which in terms of its purpose may also lead to permanent residence. (So the important question here is, what kind of resedence permit you actually hold.)
  • naturalisation test (knowledge of the legal and social system, as well as about living conditions in Germany), called "Leben in Deutschland" or "Einbürgerungstest".
  • place of residence in Germany for seven years if you attended an integration course successfully. This means that you need not only a B1-certificate, but the so called "Zertifikat Integrationskurs" which proves you have the B1-level and have successfully completed the orientation course ("Orientierungskurs") with the test "Leben in Deutschland"
  • secure livelihood (including for family members) without resorting to social benefits
  • no convictions on account of a criminal offence,
  • commitment to the free democratic constitutional order of the Basic Law of the Federal Republic of Germany, and
  • giving up your former nationality (exceptions are made for citizens of several countries of origin)
You could even further reduce tthe period to six years, if your German is at least at a B2-level or you can prove other integration efforts such as voluntary work.
I hope my answers were helpful and I’ll be very pleased if you contact me again with further questions. I'm a member of the mbeon-staff and I‘ll be glad to guide over a longer period of time. mbeon is an online advisory service for migrants via the mbeon-app, which you can download on your smartphone for free. You'll find me in the mbeon-app under my location „München and then my name “Frau Müller“ and get confidential one-to-one advice in a safe virtual room where nobody can read messages. For further information please visit

Download for Android:

Download for iOS:

Best regards

answered Jul 6 by mbeon-Christine
I have integration kurz Zertifikat A2 and then i went to a local school and got b1 Zertifikat .That means i have to do again b1 course (integration kurz) ? Is that also ok if i just give test for b1 from telc or goette ?
Btw thanks so much for your answer i appreciate that !
0 votes
Any official B1-certificate (Goethe, Telc, ÖSD) is sufficient, but you should attend the orientation course and pass the test "Leben in Deutschland". You will find all the questions here:
answered Jul 8 by mbeon-Christine
3,165 questions
3,943 answers
134,569 users