My boyfriend is an asylum seeker and we are planning on getting married. We have both visited a dutch municipality and they told us that we can get married only if he submits the aquired document e.g birth certificate e.t.c.  We are working on that at the moment.
 But my question is:

- will he get a dutch resident permit after marriage because he is an asylum seeker???
- and will he also get a dutch resident permit because i live in my parents house and we want to rent an appartment together after marriage???
asked Mar 30, 2018 in Asylum proceedings by Bemi

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello @Bemi

Thank you for your question.

You are an EU-citizen. That's why your spouse has the right to get a residence permit if you get married. He probably has to apply for it at the aliens department (I'm not really familiar with the Dutch asylum system, but that's how it works in Germany).

It's probably good if you live together. That way authorities might not get suspicious about the reasons why you got married (e.g. fake marriage). But apart from that it doesn't matter where you live or who you live with.

Best regards,


answered Apr 3, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,263 questions
5,080 answers
136,927 users