If I get Duldung and during this time I study in the university. Can I stay because of studies ?

I asked from the lawyer but she told me that because of Ausbildung I can stay but she did not know that refugee study here and stay because of studies ?
asked Mar 25, 2018 in Education by Zichako | 559 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Zichako

It's true that it's possible to get a so-called Ausbildungsduldung for the duration of an Ausbildung. It enables you to stay in Germany for ~3 years (usually) and after that you will have 6 months to find a job in a related field. If you succeed you will get a residence permit for another 2 years.

Studying at university, however, does not grant you a residence permit and it will not change your legal status.

Best regards,


answered Mar 26, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,329 questions
6,333 answers
139,342 users