I m a refugee from Germany . How can I get marriage from Poland ? Is it possible to get marriage from Poland embassy ?
asked Mar 15, 2018 in Legal advice by Zichako | 645 views

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello @Zichako

If I remember correctly, your first asylum application and the appeal got rejected, right? That means that you can't travel to Poland anyway. But if your fiancé is allowed to come to Germany you can try to marry here.

As a fully acknowledged refugee with valid travel documents (blue passport) you could travel to Poland and get in touch with the Civil Registry Office. You have to submit a number of documents: a proof of identity (e.g. a valid passport), a certificate of birth (translated into Polish), a certificate of no impediment and (if necessary) certificates that prove that previous marriages have been divorced etc. The Registry Office will guide you through the procedure from there on.

For extensive information about marriage in Poland please check out this website:


Best regards,


answered Mar 16, 2018 by Thor
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
5,303 questions
6,291 answers
139,299 users