Am an Asylum seekers,I got nagative before my second interview then i appeal and BAMF give me the chance of second interview which i go and the result was also nagative. Maywhile before i went to the second interview, i have had a child with a German woman  and I have submitted all paperwork to Ausländerbehörde. now Ausländerbehörde change my Ausweis to Duldung now maywhile I'm using Aufthalt G before.  am worried because I don't know which step to take now. Pls I need an advise
asked Jan 29, 2018 in Legal advice by Butwhy
Hello @Butwhy - welcome to our community and thank you for your question. May I ask what exactly you need help with? What is the goal you want to achieve? Because right now I can’t fully grasp the situation and I don’t know yet what kind of advice you need. Best regards, Thorgen

Please log in or register to answer this question.

2 Answers

0 votes
It is one year and two month that I have my child with German woman , and Ausländerbehörde have not give work permit meanwhile I have submitted all the paperwork to them . Pls what I do again to obtain residence permit to work and take care of my child and mama. I need an advise pls
answered Apr 11, 2018 by Butwhy
0 votes

Hello @Butwhy

Thanks for clarifying the matter!

As far as I can see you have to options to be able to stay with your family:

1) You two can try to get married. That would grant you the right to stay in Germany and also to work here. But since you are a rejected asylum seeker that's risky because you need to hand in your passport at Standesamt (registry office). If Ausländerbehörde gets access to your passport, it's easier for them to deport you.

2) If No. 1 is not an option you can try to get acknowledgement of paternity. In a nutshell, you have to declare that you want to take care of your child together with its mother and then you will get a residence permit in return (it's called "Aufenthaltserlaubnis zur Personensorge").

Please check out the following link for further information. Also keep in mind the additional information provided in the comments:

Best regards,


answered Apr 11, 2018 by Thor
I have gotten the declare paper in Nutshell and  i have also submitted it to Ausländerbehörde over one year now but since then I hadn't heard anything from Ausländerbehörde. Even last five weeks I went to Ausländerbehörde to ask what is delaying my residence permit and they told me that I will hear from them in four weeks. Now the four weeks  is over. Should I go to them again or should I still be wait for their latter. Pls I need an advise thank you
@Butwhy have they given you resident permit ?
mbeon App

Confidential one-on-one consultations via App

For confidential one-on-one consultations in a secure virtual space, we work with mbeon. You can download the mbeon app free of charge from the App Store or Google Play Store and have private conversations with mbeon consultants there:

Link for iPhone
Link for Android

Welcome to Wefugees, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
4,313 questions
5,157 answers
137,057 users