Here you can ask, answer and find questions surrounding the topic: arriving in Germany
Me and my boyfriend ( asylum seeker) want to get married but since he received a rejection of asylum we don't know what to do. I'm an Italian citizen living in Germany for 2 years now. I'm looking for someone to educate us about what to do and where to go. The main question is :is it possible for us to get married and for him to get a valid permit of stay to work and stay in Germany?
Please help me find the right way to go
Thanks and regards
asked Sep 29, 2017 in Asylum proceedings by Giu

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 votes
Hello @Giu - welcome to our community!

It is possible for asylum seekers to get married. And they can get a residence permit for Germany by marrying a German citizen.

You are an EU citizen which is why you are free to move within EU. The same goes for your (future) husband. In addition he will have a work permit along with the residence permit (in case he doesn't already hold such a work permit through Aufenthaltsgestattung or Duldung).

Best regards,
answered Oct 4, 2017 by Thor
3,059 questions
3,821 answers
134,313 users